Monday, August 17, 2009

Accident Compensation Corporation

Hello and Welcome to My Blog A1-ACCNZ

You might well ask why create a blog about ACC NZ. The answer is simple I have been a client of ACC's since 1996 and have seen ACC warts and all.

Don't get me wrong; I think the concept of ACC is great and yes we don't have to get the check book out or swipe the ATM card to get taken to hospital after an accidental injury has occurred.

However there is a dark side to ACC and I want to hightlight it. Currently the only people ACC gives a good deal to is "Lawyers". Most client's have to get one at some stage especially when your injury or impairment does not fit in their "One size fits all claims policy".

Yes their is one (they of course deny it) however it works basically like this:


Injury or accident> Treatment> Rehabilitation>optimal Independence

like I said basically and this is good for instance. You get a small fracture>taken to hospital> X-rayed> Cast> 6-8 weeks later healed (the healing process is marvelous when it works).

However in the scheme of things this does not always happen God forbid you have a complication i.e. persistent pain, need irregular care attendance, (i.e. you don't need 24hr nursing care just need it occasionally) then you are a "difficult client" "lair" "Cheat" "Fraudster".

Unfortunately this is true

I have created this blog to have a bit of a bleat especially when I'm sore and grumpy!! the good thing it will be distracting and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment